8/11/2007

Summer is coming to a close...

It seems as though we are simply waiting for the summer to end. I have started my internship and continue to train at the gym while Lisa has been getting her feet wet in her new job. We have a camping trip coming up and family camp in Cascade, but other than that, it feels like summer is winding down.
Tiffany, Brendan, and the Big D recently came for a visit and lodged at Casa Kinnaman. They found a house in Meridian, sort of over by the waterpark, on the way to Kuna. They will move at the end of August.
Brendan and I golfed Monday, with Rick. The only reason I mention this is because until recently I loathed golf; too expensive to get so irritated and take that time away from hanging out with the family. What little game I have has begun to allow me to enjoy being on the course. Banbury golf club is just down the hill about 1 mile from our house. Fantastic course and inexpensive. Monday I shot under 100 for the first time and birdied hole 18. I screamed like a girl, I was so excited!

Will is anxious for football to start. A day doesn't go by that he doesn't ask to see the Beavers, Broncos, or Seahawks on TV. Ahhhh, the joy of parenthood.

1 comment:

Meme and Tata said...

Are you watching football now? We are (Sunday evening). We have some fans in this house, too.

Golf, huh? I actually took a turn at the driving range in Michigan. I was apprehensive since I hadn't swung a club since B was a baby. I didn't do half bad?! Shock of all shocks, I hit it straight. Of course, all I can hit is 100 yards: 7 iron, 5 iron, driver...all 100 yards. Oh well...did I mention it was straight?! I was sore for two days from ONE bucket of balls. Good grief.