8/26/2007

Tent Pitch Weekend

I have officially reported back to school and the students return Monday. I'm not ready. We have tried to squeeze what little we can out of summer, while we can despite both Lisa and I returning to work.

We tried something new this year and went camping with a group from church. Chris Graham has instituted "Tent Pitch," an annual event where families with small children camp together for a summer weekend at a location withing a short driving distance (less than 2 hours) from the Valley. This year's location was North of Idaho City on Crooked River. The kids had a blast and it was great to catch up with other couples from the church, as well as get acquainted with a number of families we didn't know. Three families from our church home group attended and the Kinnaman kids were able to spend time with a number of friends. You see the fruitfulness of the river in Ryan's hand. All of the kids spent the day in the shallow river and the adults spent time just hangin' out. Saturday afternoon found the men competing in, "The Man-Sized Challenge"; a battery of tasks which included riding a miniature sized bike, hauling water and rocks from the river, carrying a large stone around the campground - overhead, running up a mountain side, and shooting a target with a BB gun while standing on said large stone. Needless to say, I was not the Man-Sized champion, but I finished with a respectable time of 3:51. We finished our weekend in tru "Kinnaman" fashion. Our Durango wouldn't start and we had to have it towed back to Meridian. Classic! We sure know how to make memories.

1 comment:

Meme and Tata said...

Nice frog, Ryan?! That is a frog, isn't it? Getting pretty brief there, Petey. Glad you guys took the time to go camping although it sounds like a nightmare to me. Now change it to "Put Out Your Awning Weekend" and I'm so there.