7/18/2008

Big-Big, Big-Big...Water

I'm always nervous about the summer time when it approaches. Although most people presume that teachers just take the entire summer off, it is anything but true. My anxiety lies in my being shaken from my routine to manage a complex schedule which includes trips to and from school, for Ryan... to and from reading camp at BSU, for Will...and gymnastic for Abby, two times per week. In the meantime, I try to do a little bit of training at the gym and Lisa takes on two sections of teaching Graduate courses for NNU. Summer is fun, but busy. That makes it nice to get out to Clarkston, WA; where the weather is HOT, the water is frigid, and the family is abundant. I love few things more than the access I have to my grandparents when they move into adjoining trailer sites. How many people can say that their grandparents live next door to one another...even if it is for only one week. My kids love seeing the cousins. I loved visiting with old friends and my aunties Gail Michelle, and Sandi. I must give honorable mention to Uncle Tony and his amazing waterski. Speaking of watersports, Ryan tried wakeboarding and he rode a pair of skis. I am so proud of his effort and perseverance. We had a great time and like the years before...our long-weekend stay of 4 days...was too short.

No comments: