5/31/2008

A little older, a little fatter...

...a little wiser?!?! I talked to my mom yesterday and she reminded me that along with all of those other things, wisdom comes with age. It's good that we get something out of becoming older because I have found that no matter how hard I try, I can't quite pull-off behaving like a kid anymore...it hurts my body and my pride way too much. Seems fitting that the dictionary.com word of the day is patina; The color or incrustation which age gives to works of art. Got plenty of that! I had a terrific birthday yesterday. Ry made me the coolest card I have ever received from anyone...EVER! It featured Clyde Drexler. My friend Andrew brought me banana cream pie for lunch. My wife sent me to the gym to burn it off. I enjoyed a Texas Road house dinner with the Lande clan. I ate strawberry shortcake, furnished by my lovely wife. I held my niece...who is absolutely beautiful. And got cool gifts from my family. My kids put together a giant box of all of my favorite treats - 33 of them. Ryan's Celtics won. I told him that the only thing better than his team playing games on my birthday, is MY team playing games on my birthday. I love my little basketball fans.
With my birthday enters summer; what a great time to celebrate...thanks mom. We're gearing up for lots of summertime fun. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kev said...

we want the low down on Clarkston