7/21/2007

Dog days of summer

Seriously, the most exciting events since the closing ceremonies of cousin camp have involved turning in papers and writing still-more papers. I pledged to myself that I would try to post twice a week...so here I am, posting. It's been HOT here for the past three weeks, like 100 degrees-plus with little or no relief. I attend class in the morning, cruise over to the Library at NNU to do my homework until 12:30or 1:00. Then I b-line it to the gym to train fitness clients. Meanwhile, Lisa has been writing her "proposal" for her doc program, which is really just a fancy phrase for "the beginning of her disertation." Things will let up following next week and we'll rest easy and have some more fun at the beginning of August; then (I can't believe I'm already saying this) it's back-to-school.

Last weekend the "Mishler-ettes" dropped by for a quick visit. I mention this simply as an excuse to gratuitously drop in a pic for Kev. They lodged at casa-Kinnaman and, of course entertained the kids with gusto. In the event that you, the reader are unaware; Holly, on the right side of the car-seat texts Kevin daily. I'm not sure if we can technically call it "dating," or not. The girl on the left side is Abby's new best-friend Becca, who also happens to be Holly's identical twin sister.

The kids remain busy; we're never bored. Abby continues to find mischief, Will is concentrating on sports, and Ryan is reading everything in sight; he sure is growing...lost a top tooth just in time to really complicate his corn-on-the-cob consumption. Summer is fun because we have access to that beautiful pool ans the kids have so much fun playing outside when it's bearable.

By the way, readers. I have an idea of who you may be...but what I hear are only rumors. If you check out the blog, don't be afraid to leave a comment like Sam and Kev have. All you have to do is click the link that says "comments" that makes the blog more fun for everyone.

2 comments:

Meme and Tata said...

Congratulations Ryan! Why do they always lose those teeth in the summer?! Corn just isn't the same cut off the cob. Good to see the Mishler girls...I think Holly is here to stay so for us who didn't grow up at Hillsboro Naz, it's good to see photos and get to know her and Becca a little.

Michelle said...

Congrats on losing that tooth, Ryan! Loose teeth can be such a hassle! I'll bet the tooth fairy had a nice night! Travis