8/24/2009

My Baby Girl Goes to School

Not much to say here. We have entered a new life stage and really feel as though our kids are growing fast. We were given a sheet preparing us for separation anxiety, but Little Miss Independent had no trouble at all. She has been ready to "do school," like the boys, for some time now.
She marched right into the classroom and was ready to get started. (We didn't bother to tell her that the "Kinnaman way" will have her doing coursework until she is in her 30s)
One of the many great benefits of our schedule as educators is that Lisa and I have been able to take all the kids to their first days of school together as a family. When I returned to pick her up, she was so engage in circle-time that I was able to watch for a number of minutes and even snap a picture with my camera phone.
When I asked the teacher how the day went, her first response was to tell me, "Wow, Abby is REALLY strong!" That made me nervous. Before I could inquire as to who or what it was that she managed to break on her first day, she finished by saying, "she crossed all the way on the monkey bars."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

KHK said...

Abby is getting so BIG! She's beautiful! And apparently VERY strong :oD Give them all hugs from Kevin and I!

Meme and Tata said...

Wow...Abby's going to school. Let the mayhem ensue :)! Kendra had an outfit much like Abby's when she was that age: plaid short skirt with a cardigan. It makes them look so grown up! The beginning of her career in academia!